Chocolate & Controversy

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Concerns Over America

I am concerned over the state in America. It's seems that the religious right has taken over and erased everything good America stood for. The line between church and state is getting blurry and the ookies are taking over. Watching Bush's inauguration made me sick that such a criminal is allowed to have that much power over the world. Being highly westernized and having lived in the states for 4 years, i feel like that country that has instilled so many beautiful things in me has fallen victim to the pious monster.





It seems like the south did wins its war after all. Even when the civil war was one by the North. The confederation has managed to crawl its ugly head into the media and all the way into the white house. I still feel something went wrong with the elections, I would never believe that there are so many hateful Americans.

As a result, I found that American culture has deteriorated as well. I truned on the news and it was ludacris. America has turned into an alarmist state, living off of paranoia and fear. Sky News, a British news channel, was so much more frank and succinct. Music has scurried into the corner, with hip hop being unapologetically prejudice and violent, while rock has been made cookie-cutter by Avril and Co.. Even the movies that I used to live to watch become repetative and too conservative for me. I find that my collection grows with foriegn film and indie cinema.

America has become every's hick's dream. And the liberals, yet again suffer. Because the Republikkkan supporters feel the need to step on other people to prove themselves. While liberals have and stand by thier live-and-let-live policy. I can't forget the day Bush consulted the Pope about Stem Cell research. Hello, since when did we need to consult religious leaders about a scientific thing. Didn't they murder Galileo because he said the earth is round?


The other day, when the razzie nominations came out and Bush was nominated for Worst Actor is Fahrenheit 911, I felt happy that someone was saying something. (Lol. Britney was nominated for best supporting actress.)

Happy Bday Ceebs.



Music: Kids In America - Kim Wilde

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home