Chocolate & Controversy

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Surprise Parties

As a party person and a party planner, I have to say that surprise parties are the worst and tough to plan. Tonight, I threw a surprise party for a friend's birthday (without a mention on the blog for fear of birthday girl stumbling upon it) and it turned out to be great. But, the planning is chaotic. Imagine throwing a party geared towards a person's needs, without even asking them or showing them that you are doing so. You have to call the friends, whether they are nice or obnoxiously annoying.
Then, you have to make sure that the atmosphere is that of thier liking. And then comes, the cake, the edibles and the rest. I have to say that this person deserves every bit of the hard work and more, but I am not throwing a surprise party again anytime soon. Even when two of my friends have approaching birthdays. I love you, but I need to chillax.
The song of choice is for the birthday girl (and secretly for me).

Music: My Prerogative - Britney Spears

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home