Chocolate & Controversy

Monday, January 10, 2005

On Being Sick

Although I am a firm believer that cold weather does not make you sick (as science clearly indicates), I do believe there is some sort of connection. Maybe bacteria hate the coldness and they flock to the nearest warm thing, like our bodies? I don't know.

I know, however, that as a result of my final club hopping day in London, where I thought a coat would not be unnecessary, I caught one of the worst flus ever. I have been in bed for 5 days straight. My throat hurts so much I can only ingest liquids and I have a fever, swollen lymph nodes, cough, runny nose and fatigue or malaise. I went to New Mowasat Hospital only to be recieved like I was going to a public hospital. The general doctor gave me, I believe, a misdiagnoses of an influenza, which turns out later to be a throat infection.

Being in Kuwait, he gave me a bunch of antibiotics and Panadol, like it is necessary. I have to say I do feel better. But, I also wonder about the day that my body is gonna be used to antibiotics that they'll never work again. That's why, in other civilized countries, antibiotics are only prescribed in bad cases.

I have also realized that's what's worse than a really bad throat infection is having hypochondria. It has to be the worst. I spent so much time worrying and everytime it is something else, with my easy-medical books. One time I thought I had Denge Fever - a disease acquired from jungle mosquitoes that makes you see red spots everywhere tom-and-jerry-style. Hypochondria is definately worse than a really sore throat.

Music: Filthy/Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home