Chocolate & Controversy

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Biographical Bliss


I had another night of the double movie. Well, I had the extended version of Ray. So, I continued the flick from another night. I think it is one of the greatest movies. It seriously combined 4 things that I love. It catered to my black cinema obsession, then it had popular music, biography and the battle for civil rights all in one script. I have to say that I loved it and I cried, as per usual. What they forgot to indicate was that Ray Charles was the innovator behind rock and roll, not Elvis. But, it is always a white boy taking credit for ethnic art. Eminem, anyone?

Another biography, this time of scientist Kinsey, which I have studied the research of, alot previously. I knew all about Kinsey because he was a sex researcher who found out that everyone is innately bisexual and embraced sexual orientation as a normal preferance, way before anyone realized the truth. This movie introduced a new light to me, nonetheless, and I find it to be equally as charming and great as Ray, if not an little more. This story should not have been left untold. I recommend this epic to anyone with a free mind and the will to learn more about human sexuality. It's also nominated for an Oscar. Don't miss it.


Music: Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home