Chocolate & Controversy

Monday, January 31, 2005

Mean Girls

I love women who stand up and have a stance. Women who are not afraid of showing thier true feelings and thier sexuality. Strong, smart and ambitious women are the reason I exist. From Mariah to my best friend. We need more of these women. I love to hear stories of Susan B. Anthony's biography or local historical tidbits about women who threw the veils back in the day when they were not even given the right to education. The divas that open thier mouths and are not ashamed to bitch. Woman in power are the queens of our age.

"When a man stands up for himself they call him a man, if a woman stands up for herself they call her a bitch" - Bette Midler



That's why I have to say that one of my fave movies in Mean Girls, which I had seen now 3 times. I love it. It's all about catty-ness with a bit of high school cheese. It starts out being like every non-PC high school picture, a la American Pie. Then it ends with a great note. Everything about it is great, even though it is 100% Hollywood. Go watch it.

I know this movie isn't a feminist article or a product of great political ambition. But, I liked watching girls being in control. And Mariah recommended it.

Music: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper

1 Comments:

  • Isn't this the movie that was written by the amazing Tina Fey? I have wanted to see it but needed a recommendation from someone who already had..good, now I can get it..and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, what a get up and be happy song..

    By Blogger kwtia, at Friday, February 04, 2005 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home