Chocolate & Controversy

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Nocturnal Haze

When everything is humdrum, one's hunger to apply Carpe Diam is silenced. This phenomenon is not specific to Kuwait by all means, However it does occur more abundantly, especially in youth. I am speaking about being nocturnal. When you live in a place where narrow-mindedness is ever-evident and there is nothing to do outside of the house, then you tend to lose faith in the day and start having long nights. You know that feeling when you wake up at 6 pm simply because there is nothing to do during the day so you might as well. In all the places I have lived, Kuwait is alive at night, not because of the lavish nightlife but because of the dull daytime. Everyone's awake and TV and internet are the sole escapes in Kuwait.
So I, in tribute to Kuwaiti routine, started doing the same. Until I read one of my old poems on the beauty of mornings from back in college. And I decided to pull a tiring all-nighter to mend my nocturnal haze. So, here I am awake and listening to today's beautiful song. I feel fresh and I can conquer the world. Yet, the only thing I can reward my effort with is to stick my head in cyberspace.

Music: Lovely Day - Bill Withers

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home