Chocolate & Controversy

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Heterocentricity

(noun): The assumption that everyone and everything is heterosexual without considering other orientations.

For many year many people have been slaves to heterocentricity and I am sick of it. This subject is so unspoken about that the masses don't even know what that word means, yet they know ethnocentricity. So, it is my obligation to inform you.


Like, for example today a friend handed me a copy of the new Bazaar Magazine celebrating the christian Valentine's Day. No not that I believe that that is the day of love, it should be everyday, but I am angered when I see the cover that completely ignores anyone who is not hetero. A silhouette of a man and a woman eclipsed with a heart in the middle. Hello? Are gay people devoid of love?




to some of us...



Like Alicia Keys, whose own sexuality is questioned all the time, singing on A Woman's Worth:

"Cause a real man knows a real woman when he sees her
And a real woman knows a real man ain't afraid to please her
A real woman knows a real man always comes first
A real man just can't deny a woman's worth"



Are we not real?

Music: My Heartbeat - Annie



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home