Chocolate & Controversy

Monday, December 27, 2004

Luxembourg: The City Of Boredom

I have always been fascinated with the idea of tiny countriesm whether it is Kuwait or Andorra. So, I took it as a great chance to visit Luxembourg when I was visiting the lowlands. Dragging all my friends with me, for my pursuit of finding out about the country that boasts the best standard of living. As we arrived at the train station, we headed to the most boring city I have seen in Europe. It was very traditional and lacked modernity. The one good hotel was not that good. The people looked German but spoke French. The city was a center of private banking and we couldn't find an ATM. No one was walking in the streets and the shops looked like they haven't changed in 20 years. All of which were in the Hermes calibre - definately not a place for pranksters like us. I wish I would've understood the culture here, but I had one day and I couldn't ask for more. There were fabulous manors and the people looked old-school rich. The kind of rich that frown upon jeans. All the people who worked were either Belgian or of Arab descent. It's like they like the way they live and they don't want anything else. They want to stay the way they are.




Music: No Good Advice - Girls Aloud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home