Chocolate & Controversy

Friday, December 10, 2004

Air Apply

I am sending all my applications by FedEx. I just noticed that if you look at the FedEx logo you will see, through optical illusion, that there is an arrow between the E and the X. I didn't know it was there. But, then again no one I told knew it existed.




Meanwhile, Grad School applications are dull and tiring, especially american ones. Why the hell do they want to know what race I am, what my parents make and if they also graduated my college. They take so much information for what. You don't need to know my father's fax number to admit me. One of them asked for a photocopy of every document. How about you slap $5 on the admissions fee for a year and get yourself a nice photocopier and employ a person to do it. If you get 4,000 applications a year that'll be $20,000. With that, you can also hire a private investigator to get that information for you about the person without them having to go through the hectic process of paperwork. How about that?

The one Canadian university I am applying to was a delightful breeze. When you are asked about your sex, you can either tick female, male or other. Now, that is a university that takes a holistic approach. Yay, Canadia...

Music: Eight Easy Steps - Alanis Morissette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home