Chocolate & Controversy

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sister Act

Remember Sister Act? I just got the Sister Act box set from Amazon.co.uk and had a fabulous night with it. I saw both movies and I am in awe of Whoopi Goldberg, who continues to be one of my favorite actresses. I read her autobiography "Book" back when it was released and I admire her for being a strong woman in an industry that praises bulimic bimbos.

The movies were a treat. I heard Matt Damon once say, when doing promo for The Bourne Supremacy, that there were only two great sequals: The Godfather 2 and the New Testement."

Erm...Hello... what about Sister Act 2: Back In the Habit? I really loved watching young Lauryn Hill struggle to be heard. and when they all do the finale with a little What Have You Done For Me Lately by Janet Jackson. Great movie, great concept and I get a kick of all the religious anecdotes.

Music:A Deeper Love - Aretha Franklin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home