Chocolate & Controversy

Monday, March 21, 2005

Miss Understood




This is a diva. A woman so strong and talented, struggled with infamy, yet her Voice shines surpassing the sexism and racism she has always faced. Everyone is like "I hate how she became a slut." Really? Why is a woman revealing her sexuality undermine her talent. I know it's usually ugly people who have a problem with sexually open people. You see, not everyone can be a slut and enjoy it at the same time. I never heard anyone call Ricky Martin a slut, even though we all know what his best asset was.
Mariah faces everything and yet she comes back with her 10th album looking as glorious as she does. I admire her and I am happy to say that I have been a fanatic. Remember how "Always Be My Baby" made us feel all giddy inside, or when "Hero" stood as an anthem for a generation. How she managed to become the best selling female artist of all time at a time when street cred and grunge were in.

Mariah, I love you. Thank you for being unabashedly feminine without trying to win over the critics. Mozart would've played the same music in a thong, but the hetero male establishment tries to end a female artist's career when she is in charge, whether sexually or musically.
Everyone, get this CD and see what I mean when it comes out on April 12.
Further on Mariah as the day approaches soon.

Music: We Belong Together - Mariah Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home