Chocolate & Controversy

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

March Recommendations

Heightened paranoia and not-so-radical activism opened March. But, that didn't stop me from my dosage for popular culture. So, as goes, here are the recommendations for March:







Sudden feminist urges with a dash of Knuckle Down hype made this the #1 spinner in my car stereo. This is so raw and folk, yet easily digestable. It marks Ani's progression from folkster to punk with a cause. I can just see her selling this out of the trunk of her hand-painted car by a lesbian coffeeshop in Buffalo, NY. There are songs about societal hygiene standards ("Pick Yer Nose"), the menstraul cycle ("Blood In The Boardroom"), showbiz stratification ("Egos Like Hairdos") and a coming-to-terms poem ("My IQ"). All without sounding slapstick. Download them.


Read March 4 posting for details.




More suffragist stuff. At the Oscars I was surprised that Hilary Swank one, but after seeing this I understand how much of a great actress she is. This is a really great movie. Why aren't there more womyn movies out there?





I succumb. I have always been against iPods because they are Macs and they have the tendancy to release your music library which is not fabulous if you are a music maniac. But this 60GB baby can carry all of my music (which apparently totals to 23 days of listening) and display the album covers and other photoes you store. Plus, you can shuffle and charge through USB. You still can't retrieve your library like with Creatives, but, no pain no gain.
    Thing: Activism

Think blue and help get the vote. Half a democracy is not a democracy.



Get them and tell me what you think!

Music: Cherry Blossom Girl - Air

5 Comments:

  • Ani Rocks!!
    I read the lyrics for that album...
    She did it again.I love her. And I rememeber u introducing her to me way back in the day..."In a coffee shop, In a city.." ;P

    Love. B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:37:00 AM  

  • Ani is the best, if the people who thought going to work or sleeping in was better than coming out in blue on monday thay should have had her on repeat saying "I can do that anyday..."

    By Blogger kwtia, at Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:36:00 AM  

  • Kwtia..


    Who are you? I can't believe in my fabulously gay life in Kuwait I haven't met you. That lyric was on my mind that day. You're a diva!

    waterlilie...
    how is my old fag hag doing... you need to come out more.

    By Blogger 1814, at Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:00:00 PM  

  • 1814, I think it might be because fabulously gay lives and unbelievably lazy and introverted lives don't usually cross paths..except here on the beautifully semi-anonymous web...keep being fabulous in every way!

    By Blogger kwtia, at Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:17:00 PM  

  • Thank you biggest. However, DiFranco and Davis were never on Lilith. But, I have to admit my music leanings are towards disgrunteled damsels. Checked out your blod and found it to funtabulous. Visit more and lets link.

    By Blogger 1814, at Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home