Chocolate & Controversy

Monday, February 28, 2005

Black Is Beautiful

I remembered National Day, Liberation Day, Valentine's Day and my ex's Bdays. However, I forgot the most important thing about February. This past month was Black History Month and I didn't celebrate like I did in my college years. Watching blaxploitation movies and attending activist events. It passed me. Maybe because no one here thinks its of importance. But the black movement was a human rights movement and it broke many barriers in the civil rights medium. I am proud of all of the figuregheads of that time from Martin Luther King Jr. to Fredrick Douglass to Rosa Parks. It takes strength and courage to be like them and still to this day Black people suffer from discrimination and prejudice in White America, or should I say Red State America.

This is a picture of Rosa Parks getting fingerprints after being arrested for refusing to get up out of her seat in a bus for a white woman.





Music: Everyday People - Arrested Development

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home