Chocolate & Controversy

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Questionable Pride

Waht should it be? As most of my readership knows that I take pride in titling my blogs. I do so carefully for each one with as much musical and political connotation as possible. But for today's blog I am in a dilemma. My ceebs thinks I should call it cheekily "Comfort Me," when I addressed the happenings of the day to him.
You see, today was a day of people asking me to strengthen my relationship with them and, as of lately, I have followed a more solitary approach. The have promised to better things. All my figureheads, from familial ones to an ex to a friend. I don't know what to do. Or maybe I should forgive all and start a new page. But I know my deep-rooted anger is rearing its ugly head. I want thing to be better. But it was only when I showed all those people that I am not in need of them did they exhibit this yearning for strengthening ties. Is it sincere? Questions and no answers. I feel better now about these situations, though. At least none of them were unapologetic. But they all had to happen at the same time. Why? Am I becoming increasingly arrogant and proud?

More questions, but I have answered the first one.

Music: 4 Page Letter - Aaliyah

2 Comments:

  • You probably got to the point where you just did'nt want to deal. Which is normal. You sorounded yourself with people that matter the most, and strengthened that tie. Which is also normal. Now you've laid a strong foundation for yourself so you can go back and fix what needs to be fixed. normal.

    Loosen up my pet...

    The world loves you and can't wait to gobble up nay all over again.

    B.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:56:00 PM  

  • Do forgive all, do start a new page. Yet, there is a lesson to be learned here. Excercize some restraint in all your relationships, to keep them from reverting to complacency and/or carelessness.

    Gigi, pragmatically

    P.S. Is it just me or am I starting to sound like a Fortune Cookie? ;/

    By Blogger Gigi, at Monday, February 21, 2005 4:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home