Chocolate & Controversy

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mimi's Emancipation


I am very grateful right now, for I have in my hands the long-awaited highly-anticipated The Emancipation Of Mimi. I have been talking about it on my rant-a-thon (blog) for a while now, and I have been waiting for it since Charmbracelet came out. Mariah looks like a million bucks on the cover and the songs are of a calibre all her own. Today, even my friends knew not to make any Mariah comments. I love pop music, I love glossy music and I love happy divas and I am not afraid. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate Kid A or Tidal, I just simply love music whether consider mainstream or deep or whatnot. I am not here to be "credible," I listen to be taken somewhere. And, in my culture, diva-worship is as evident as cruising. You can tell alot about a person by thier diva.
Reasoning aside, I love the album and I think anyone missing it for fear of being typecast as a radio-bunny is missing out on the Voice of our times. It's more than I expected and Mariah never lets us down. You all secretly hummed a Mariah tune or two in your lifetime so stop clutching your Norah Jones CD and let go. Maybe you'll be Emancipated.

Plus, I am giving free copies of the album when my package from the US arrives, so sign up if you want one.

Music: Mine Again - Mariah Carey

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home