Chocolate & Controversy

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Plague Of Conservativism

I woke up to the sound of a Kansas churchie equating homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality, while the liberal guy in the box next to him on the MSNBC screen sat quiet (because we are polite and understand what freedom of expression is all about).
Then I found out that Al-Tabtabaie is being sued for saying that being giving women thier political rights homosexuality and bastard children will be on the rise. Great news that Tabtabaie is being taken to court, not so great news for that cause. Kuwaiti liberals are not liberal enough, actually they are just like the conservatives. What's wrong with gay people and aren't bastard children just as human? Set your priorities straight. There are millions of things that Tabtabaie said that are worth a fight, plus if anyone would ask him for the research I am sure he won't be able to fetch.
Then, a veiled women cut me off on the street and then refused to acknowledge my discontent because I am a male. Now, if you are veiled to detract sexual attraction from the "uncontrollably"-horny hetero-male, then why do you need to apply pounds of vivid make-up? Doesn't that defying the whole purpose. As tantalize would say... such a useless-a.
And, today, Bush is still ruling, Eminem is still selling, Women can't vote, and my friend was recently ticketed for having a tiny women's rights sticker on the car not on any windows. I have seen some pretty big stickers on the backshield that surely block the driver's view that have gone un-ticketed, if you know what I mean.
I am seriously considering Scandinavia, anyone wanna come? We can start a Kuwaiti diaspora.

I felt better when I stumbled on this site. I love liberals, we speak the truth.
Check this out.


Music: I Don't Think We've Met - Nikka Costa

1 Comments:

  • Hi there..you know I have been complaining recently about the conservatism of so-called liberals..the only thing that separates some of them from conservatives is their open attachment to drinking and parties. Get their daughter to say she wants to marry someone 'different', or their son to come out, or their neighbour to be persecuted for something that doesn't affect them, or their enemy's human rights to be trampled upon and they are just as closed minded as the typical 'i live in the middle ages' looking-back-not-forward shmuck.
    (Many conservatives-and non-conservatives- are quite open and they argue their points decently and they live and let live, I don't mean to include them in this)
    I have just been so disappointed in the lack of clear agendas for reform and the lack of a truly progressive fair philosophy of life from the supposedly liberal voices. But there are bright lights that shine every now and then and make you hope again.

    By Blogger kwtia, at Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home